LiteBlue is a very popular self-service, online tool among the USPS employees. This tool has been designed as the part of more elaborate Self Service Profile (SSP). Among the various tools of SSP, LiteBlue is the most widely used. This tool gives you access to your schedule, paystub, and more.
To view the details available on LiteBlue, you must log in to the LiteBlue portal with your credentials. That you can do with your Employee ID and USPS password.
What if you forget your USPS password? Is there a way to recover it? Yes, there is and that’s what we are going to discuss in this guide. Keep reading!
Prerequisites to Change Liteblue USPS Password
As I already said, you need LiteBlue credentials for LiteBlue login. These credentials include Employee ID and USPS Password.
In order to reset your password, you will need your Employee ID handy.
If you don’t know how to find it, you can look it up in your payment statement. If you still can’t do that, please contact your HR or your supervisor.
What is LiteBlue Password?
LiteBlue password is the password to log in to your LiteBlue account at the LiteBlue USPS portal
But, what’s important to note is that this password is not just or LiteBlue but for your SSP account. When you change the password, you basically change the SSP password. The new password will now be used with all the SSP services/tools. The old password will not work any longer.
When Do I Need to Change USPS Password?
There are two scenarios in which you may need to change the LiteBlue USPS password:
- First time login: If you are a new employee of USPS, you must have been given a temporary password. You need to log in to LiteBlue with this password and change it immediately.
- Forgot Password: If you have forgotten your password, again you will want to reset/change it
In any case, the method to reset or change the password is same.
How to Reset/Change LiteBlue USPS Password?
Now I will show you how to create a new password for your LiteBlue account.
Note: You will be changing the SSP password and not just the LiteBlue password
Follow the steps below:
- On any computer or mobile browser, visit the LiteBlue Login webpage here
- You must now see the option to login. Underneath that, click the link that says ‘Forget your Password?’
- You must now be redirected to the SSP webpage in a new browser tab/window (Note: You may go to this page directly in your browser without having to follow steps 1 and 2)
- Type in your Employee ID
- Click Verify Employee ID
- You will see the onscreen instructions on the following pages. Follow these easy instructions and change/reset your LiteBlue password
You can easily change the LiteBlue Login password from the login page. You may also use the SSP portal to change the password. I have said this before, but would like to reiterate that this changes the password of SSP and all associated services and not just LiteBlue.